- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: polygon.technology
- Company Address: #157, 2nd A Cross, Indiranagar Double Rd, Indiranagar, Bangalore, IN, 560071
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About PolygonPolygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3.
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
The Accounting Manager will lead the Accounting team with maintaining the books and records of the Polygon Labs entities. You will directly lead the account reconciliations, month end close, process improvement, and other ad hoc requests.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish and document accounting policies, procedures and best practices
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Perform month end close, monthly journal entries, and general bookkeeping
- Assist with the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Analyze monthly P&L variances and explain key drivers
- Lead system implementations
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet general ledger accounts, bank accounts, and crypto wallets
- Perform other accounting duties and support team members as required or assigned.
- Ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management
A Day in the Life
- Working to implement and manage various financial systems to ensure data integrity and accurate accounting reports.
- Reconcile and code bank statements, crypto wallets and spend across the org.
- Coordinate with the finance team and stakeholders globally to ensure accounting best practices are being implemented
- Help finance team with ad hoc reports
About the Team
- Highly motivated team focused on creating a best in class finance function while maintaining a healthy and balanced work culture
- Work to implement various financial tools to automate and streamline the accounting and finance processes
- Dynamic work environment in a cutting edge tech industry. Keeps the work exciting!
- Plenty of opportunities for growth and a broad spectrum of learning opportunities will arise. Suitable for candidates who are willing to learn and think outside the box.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Experience with Netsuite is mandatory
- CPA designation and Public Accounting experience is mandatory
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a complex organization
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational management skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite particularly with Sheets
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Solid understanding of Financial Statements
- Crypto/Web3 Experience
- MBA is a plusBig 4 accounting experience
- Previous Tech or SaaS experience
- Consolidation experience in a multi-entity international firm