- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: polygon.technology
- Company Address: #157, 2nd A Cross, Indiranagar Double Rd, Indiranagar, Bangalore, IN, 560071
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About PolygonPolygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3.
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
We are seeking a Technical writer that becomes part of the Technical Knowledge Documentation Team, an engine that documents technical advances of Polygon products and that ignites the diffusion of knowledge across multiple Polygon teams (and the ecosystem).
A technical writer will spend time coordinating with project managers, subject-matter experts, researchers, editors, engineering staff, and end users to break down complex ideas, share knowledge, and bring process improvements to the forefront. It is important that the candidate understands how to write to engineers/devs and infrastructure partners while keeping a holistic view of the product and producing valuable feedback on usability and user experience.
- Uses clear language to describe complex subjects and produce comprehensive instructions, TL:DR, release summaries, description of product roadmaps/product specifications, how-to guides, technical explainers, tutorials, sample codes, all in support of onboarding developers and organizations building on Polygon
- Determines the appropriate tone and style for different documents
- Collaborates with graphic designers, content managers, teams and editors to produce high-quality deliverables
- Conducts detailed research to develop expertise in a subject area
- Understands the zero knowledge proof space in the context of a rollups
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience in writing documentation and wiki styles guides for technical audiences
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineers to improve user experience (ex: design, UI), refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in the technical field, Web3 specifically
- Previous experience in technical writing in the software development environment
- Passionate about user experience
- Knowledge of website design, content management tools
- Experience using Github repositories and managing pull requests