- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 12/04/2023
- Website: cropcircle.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, LA US
About Crop CircleCrop Circle games is an independent distributed game studio founded by a community of industry veterans who believe games have the potential not only to entertain, but also to widen perspectives and make the world a better place. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture.
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
Crop Circle Games is seeking a Senior Engine Programmer with console expertise to magnify our development efforts as we build out the innovative gameplay systems, tools, and content of our fantastically weird world. Reporting to the Technical Director, this role collaborates with disciplines across the entire project through all stages of development. You will work with a small team of expert engine developers to deliver foundational client systems, efficient pipelines, gorgeous visuals, and smooth framerates on PC and new-generation consoles.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Set performance targets and protect performance and stability of game client, tools, and pipelines across all platforms
- Empower the studio to efficiently build incredible content and gameplay within engine, hardware, and resource constraints
- Partner with tech art to build and improve asset pipelines
- Research, advocate, and judiciously develop engine tech and tools that advance our craft
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Experience building games on PS5 and/or Xbox Series X|S
- Passion for empowering creatives, working within engine and hardware constraints, architecting scalable and maintainable solutions, promoting best practices by example
- Familiarity with console build processes, console hardware, console testing, certification
- Expertise in CPU and memory profiling and optimization
- Excellent C++ architecture, programming, and debugging skills
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming, low-level optimizations, core subsystems, platform abstraction, and memory management
- Empathetic and supportive collaborator across many disciplines and experience levels
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Experience building games with Unreal
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, lengthy periods of sitting
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.