- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 12/04/2023
- Website: fangandclaw.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, Louisiana
About Fang & ClawFang & Claw is a group of people of all kinds, joining together to make games that push the boundaries of interactive, playful strategic sport. We’re building something awesome that energizes us and puts a smile on our faces — even when it involves, say, a little friendly competition!
Player character movement and control of the highest quality are crucial to our game’s success. As a 3Cs Gameplay Engineer, while reporting to the Technical Director, you'll work closely with designers and animators to develop player-centric gameplay systems to achieve this goal. You'll be joining a small team at the early stages of prototyping to act as a major influence on the play and feel of the game.
Although this position is listed as a principal-level engineer, we are open to senior-level for this role
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Architect and implement fluid character movement through the play space
- Create a third-person camera system emphasizing visibility and control
- Implement the various actions that a player can do in the game
- Ensure all functionality works well in a competitive networked environment where prediction and correction are transparent to the player
- Create all systems in a data-driven way to foster independent exploration on the part of content creators
- Help team members prototype their ideas – both helping directly and through indirect support
- Take ownership of features across their entire lifetime
CORE TRAITS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE)
- Excellent C++ architecture, programming, optimization, and debugging skills
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Expertise in a broad range of Unreal gameplay systems such as actors and components, multiplayer, AI, Blueprint, and GAS
- Experience with real-time animation techniques
- A strong understanding of how to develop responsive and intuitive game mechanics
- Empathetic and supportive collaborator across many disciplines and experience levels
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Experience working on third person games
- Experience working with melee combat systems
- Experience developing games with online services
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, and long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.