- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: www.possibility.co
- Company Address: 1424 4th Street, New Orleans , Louisiana, 70130
About Possibility SpacePossibility Space creates games that love you back.
We create ambitious games in a quietly awesome culture.
That simple statement is at the heart of what we do here at Possibility Space. Founded by a diverse and experienced team of game and media industry veterans, we are built from the ground up as a distributed studio, allowing developers to live and work where they are happiest. We strive to create an environment where we can do our best work regardless of what we look like, who we love, or how we identify.
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer, you will manage a team that develops gameplay systems and features players use to experience the game. Collaborate iteratively with a team of talented engineers while working in concert with designers, artists, and developers across other disciplines. Facilitate the development of a great experience in tight iteration loops informed by research, playtesting, and telemetry. Build and manage a small team while setting technical direction for your area and contributing directly to the code. Reporting to the Gameplay Engineering Director, this role collaborates with disciplines across the entire project through all stages of development.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Architect and implement data-driven gameplay systems and features.
- Work in a collaborative environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop feature requirements and realistic delivery schedules.
- Coordinate closely with the team to develop usable and efficient content pipelines that empower content creators and remove roadblocks.
- Build and manage a small team to own and drive a key part of the gameplay experience.
- Mentor the team and distribute responsibility among them.
- Interface with the studio on behalf of the team.
- Deliver comprehensive implementations, ensuring your features are stable, highly performant, well documented, and testable.
- Take ownership of features across their entire lifetime.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Extensive Gameplay Engineering experience (7 years+), with experience through one full production cycle on a title that has shipped on a console or PC.
- Experience leading a team or managing direct reports on a medium to large production.
- Proficient with C# or C++. (We use Unity/C#)
- Solid analytical problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Able to write readable, maintainable code with an eye toward debuggability and extensibility.
- Empathetic and supportive collaboration across many disciplines and experience levels.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Experience developing with Unity.
- Familiarity with client/server architectures and best practices.
- Experience developing for a live, service-based game.
- Experience owning game features across the entire game development cycle.
- Experience developing a game that has shipped on multiple platforms.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, and long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation range for this lead level position ranges from 160 to 190K base salary, plus profit sharing, full health benefits, dental and vision benefits.
Possibility Space is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.