- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: fangandclaw.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, Louisiana
About Fang & ClawFang & Claw is a group of people of all kinds, joining together to make games that push the boundaries of interactive, playful strategic sport. We’re building something awesome that energizes us and puts a smile on our faces — even when it involves, say, a little friendly competition!
Fang & Claw is looking for a Design Director to join our high performing and experienced studio leadership team. We are a newly formed studio under Prytania Media in incubation stage on a competitive hero-focused new game set in a brand new IP.
Reporting directly into the Studio Creative Director, this is a fantastic role for a team and development centered design leader to build a new project from the ground up. If central design pillars focused on joyous competition, expressive stylized design and larger than life action are inspiring to you, and if the idea of building a safe, ethical, and inclusive space where creativity thrives feels like a calling - then we hope you will apply and look forward to working with you.
- Oversee the staffing strategy and recruiting efforts for the Design Team.
- Lead the efforts of the Design team to translate the Creative Vision into workable Design Goals and requirements, and ensure that the vision is reflected in every stage of design, through the implementation of game mechanics, systems, controls, and the overall player experience.
- Manage, mentor and develop a distributed team of high performing designers with a special focus on competitive team play, balance, and moment to moment gameplay design in an environment that is data-informed, player-first, and guided by long-term results.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape, and opportunities to elevate the player experiences in that space.
- Collaborate with production to define schedule commitments, priorities, and communicate changes to set goals.
- 5+ years of experience in a director and/or lead design role in the game industry.
- Shipped at least one competitive or multiplayer game.
- Experience building and managing a design team with empathy and a supportive mindset towards growth and development.
- A passion for live service games, with a deep understanding of how to craft and sustain player engagement.
- Passionate about hero based competitive games, action combat, and positive teamplay dynamics, with an understanding of how systems and mechanics influence player behaviors and ultimately deliver the desired player experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with physics driven systems.
- An active interest or participation in either real life sports or E-sports.
- Experience in free to play / monetization design.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, lengthy periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Fang and Claw is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.