- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: cropcircle.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, LA US
About Crop CircleCrop Circle games is an independent distributed game studio founded by a community of industry veterans who believe games have the potential not only to entertain, but also to widen perspectives and make the world a better place. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture.
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
Crop Circle Games is seeking a QA Manager to act as the primary Quality owner for our Project. You will play a critical role in managing and mentoring QA Professionals in delivering the product to quality. If you enjoy the feeling of building and mentoring an embedded QA team working on an exciting new IP, this might be an ideal job for you.
Reporting to the QA Director, this role collaborates with the leaders of different disciplines across the entire studio through all stages of development. You will be interfacing with core studio leadership and advocating for quality at all levels.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Develop and maintain an overall Project Test Plan over multiple development phases, laying the foundation for how the team will approach different activities, including Validation and Verification testing, Automated Testing, Acceptance testing, and any other test-related activities and ceremonies.
- Provide Career Management and mentorship for a group of FTE QA professionals, providing daily support for emergent needs and helping build growth plans for all members of the QA team.
- Contribute to defining the overall structure of the Quality Organization both internal to the studio and across the company overall.
- Plan the short- to medium-term staffing needs of the project, including testing, analysis, and quality engineering.
- Identify and escalate risks, while suggesting mitigation strategies to address those concerns.
- Work with other discipline leaders to drive change in the product and development process.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- At least eight years of experience in QA, working embedded with feature teams, with at least three years performance and career managing QA professionals.
- Proven experience in developing systems for gathering and refining actionable qualitative feedback around game features during all phases of development.
- Experienced in writing, executing, and maintaining test cases and test suites, and able to mentor others in best practices.
- Strong, practical understanding of test automation, from implementation of frameworks, authoring of automated tests, and high-level philosophy/best practices.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with different types of testing, with the ability to provide accurate estimates of cost to execute testing as it pertains to staff hours and/or people.
- Understands metrics and KPIs in their area, and can use telemetry, test results, and other data points to provide real-time insights and analysis of risk on the product area.
- Experience with working in Unreal Engine.
- Experience in technically challenging QA spaces like API/backend testing, multiplayer testing, performance testing
- Experience with automated testing, reading/writing code, or visual scripting.
- ISTQB certification.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards, game controllers, and monitors, long periods of sitting.
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.