- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: cropcircle.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, LA US
About Crop CircleCrop Circle games is an independent distributed game studio founded by a community of industry veterans who believe games have the potential not only to entertain, but also to widen perspectives and make the world a better place. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture.
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you build the tools that power our content pipeline and the runtime systems that enable action oriented single-player and multiplayer gameplay. Build incredible gameplay experiences in our fantastically weird world with a team of talented engineers and designers in concert with visual departments. Reporting to the Lead Gameplay Engineer, this role collaborates with disciplines across the entire project through all stages of development.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Partner with game designers to architect and implement data-driven gameplay systems and features that drive the core moment to moment experience
- Maintain high standards of quality for player experiences in both single-player and multiplayer
- Identify and work within the constraints of Unreal Engine, suggesting alternative design or implementation approaches towards that purpose
- Work in a collaborative environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop feature requirements and realistic delivery schedules
- Deliver comprehensive implementations in iterative stages, ensuring your features are stable, highly performant, well documented, and testable
- Take ownership of features across their entire lifetime
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Extensive gameplay engineering experience through the full production cycle
- Experience building games in Unreal as a senior engineer on PC or consoles
- Experience with Unreal multiplayer gameplay networking
- Excellent C++ architecture, programming, optimization, and debugging skill
- Expertise in a broad range of Unreal gameplay systems such as actors and components, AI, Blueprint, UMG, and GAS
- Empathetic and supportive collaborator across many disciplines and experience levels
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Experience with peer hosted multiplayer architecture
- Experience with Gameplay Ability System
- Expertise in systemic gameplay content pipelines
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, and long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.