- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: polygon.technology
- Company Address: #157, 2nd A Cross, Indiranagar Double Rd, Indiranagar, Bangalore, IN, 560071
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About PolygonPolygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3.
Polygon Miden is a zkRollup focused on facilitating high-throughput and private applications. Our platform allows users to create zero-knowledge proofs of their own state changes, which are only verified by Miden. Our public testnet is scheduled to launch in Q4 2023. Currently, our focus is on constructing the rollup, recursive verification, and refining the developer experience.
We are seeking a Senior Protocol Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of core components of the Miden rollup. You will contribute to the R&D efforts surrounding rollup architecture, which includes the state model, transaction model, execution model, etc. Your tasks will also involve the development of the Miden Node and the Miden Client. We provide you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology, utilize advanced tools and modern programming languages, and gain in-depth knowledge about zero-knowledge proving systems.
To learn more about the Miden rollup, you can find information here. Also, feel free to take a look at our repository here.
- Design and implement the Miden rollup, operator, and client.
- Maintain and improve the core components of the Miden VM.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team members.
What You Need To Succeed
- Deep familiarity and a proven track record with Ethereum, rollup protocols, their trade-offs, and potential attack vectors.
- Expertise in Rust (~3 years), including a high comfort level with advanced concepts such as generics, lifetimes, memory management, concurrency, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced benchmarking and testing frameworks (e.g., prop-testing, fuzzing).
- Experience in working independently on open-ended problems.
- A strong sense of responsibility and comfort with autonomous work.
- Interest in zero-knowledge proof-based blockchain systems.
- Experience writing smart contracts.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of cryptography, such as hash functions and finite fields.
- A passion for open-source software and an eagerness to learn.
- A strong interest in privacy.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.