- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: cropcircle.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, LA US
About Crop CircleCrop Circle games is an independent distributed game studio founded by a community of industry veterans who believe games have the potential not only to entertain, but also to widen perspectives and make the world a better place. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture.
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
- Work closely with our Design Director, Narrative Director, Lead Gameplay Designer and Principal System Designer to maintain a high bar for both fun and quality
- Manage, mentor and develop a senior team of high performing designers
- Work closely with creative leadership and narrative design to capture story and world progression within action-oriented moments and mission objectives
- Delegate tasks and design challenges to the design team and support and iterate alongside them to build intuitive and functional features.
- Lead cross disciplinary efforts in the development of content authoring tools and processes to be used by a team of implementers
- Comfortable cracking open the editor and build content using custom scripting tools
- Assist and support sprint and milestone planning
- 5+ years of experience in encounter or content design
- Deep understanding of open world and sandbox genre trends
- Self-driven and pro-active about pushing on progress and quality
- Shipped at least one open world or sandbox title in a leadership position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Unreal Engine Proficiency
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.