- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: www.singularity6.com
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, CA , 90064
About Singularity 6We're Singularity 6! We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
To Our Interested Applicants:
We’ve received several notifications of scams and fraud attempts recently of agencies or groups pretending to be members of our HR and recruiting teams.
If you receive any suspicious emails, please use the ‘contact us’ function on this site to let us know.
In general, please take note of the email address from which the message was sent to you. All official communication regarding hiring will come from Singularity 6. All other accounts should be treated as a scam attempt until confirmed by the S6 team.
Our open positions are currently listed on our careers page. When in doubt, apply directly to the role on our website. We do not ask for private information such as bank accounts, credit cards, or other accounts as part of our interview process.
Forge alternate worlds that deepen players' lives! We're a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
As a Game Engineering Manager on the Lore team, you’ll lead and build a team of talented engineers to partner with the game designer and producer to achieve a cohesive engineering vision that enhances the player experience at every turn. The Lore team’s mission is to deliver meaningful, long-lasting interactive narrative experiences that bring the player into the world of Palia and bring the world of Palia to life.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Build and organize a high-performing engineering team of 4-6 game engineers
- Cultivate long-term growth in our talent and continue to build upon a culture of collaboration and productivity
- Help architect, evolve, and implement our engineering development practices
- Ensure direct reports meet their product team’s expectations as well as engineering performance expectations
- Partner with the Narrative and other game engineering teams to ensure Lore game engineers collaborate successfully across disciplines and teams
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience as a game engineer
- 1+ years of experience managing and hiring internal game engineers
- Demonstrated proficiency in Unreal game development
- Legally authorized to work in the US
Nice to Have:
- Effective at working in cross-discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Experience with AAA game development scale
- Experience with multiplayer or MMO games
- Motivated by creating great games
The Los Angeles base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000 - $215,000 annually for a mid-level Engineering Manager. Base salary will be determined by role, level, and location. The range listed for each job is the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the positions across S6-approved states. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors. Please discuss your specific salary expectations for your preferred location during our interview process.
Compensation details reflect only the base salary, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits such as 401k matching.
- Choice of Remote (in approved states) or Hybrid office options in Los Angeles, CA or Orange County, CA unless noted above
- Aligned to core Pacific Coast hours (10:00am - 4:00pm PT)
- Remote eligible locations: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
- PC and Console Games
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as to have a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world-class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Singularity 6 is moving to remote-choice, giving the option to our team members to either work remotely in our supported states or work hybrid onsite in our offices for most of our roles. Remote work is approved in these locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MI, MO, NV, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, and WA. Hybrid onsite work is available in our Los Angeles, CA office and our office in Orange County, CA. Some roles might have full onsite requirements. Prospective employees outside these locations are welcome to apply—offers will be contingent upon relocating to an approved state or province on or before Day One of employment. This policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.