- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: www.spatialinc.com
- Company Address: , Emeryville, CA
About SpatialSpatial is redefining the human experience by creating virtual soundscapes where you work, where you play and where you stay. Spatial’s technology is flexible, powerful and scalable, breaking down traditional audio barriers
At Spatial, we’re building a complementary technology to traditional audio allowing creators to build deeply immersive audio environments. Think of it as the audio portion of the holodeck.
We’re developing the core computational audio software, creative tools and service that builds and deploys the Spatial simulations. Deployments can scale from single intelligent speakers & sensors to theme park scale environments.
Join us today, as we rebuild immersive audio for tomorrow.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile Senior Software Developer to take our audio processing platform to the next level. You will be working on the core technology of our company to render tens to hundreds of audio objects simultaneously in real-time. Your areas of responsibility will include taking in audio objects and synthesizing a mesmerizing and immersive audio experience in any given space with any speaker configuration. The ideal candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of digital audio processing and playback/rendering as well as multiple years of experience working with spatial perception and multi-channel audio.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the core system software stack that brings Spatial’s magic to life
- Interact with engineering and product leads to identify and implement the next generation features for our platform
- Collaborate with the Spatial engineering and creative teams to create and maintain interfaces to other system components and design tools
- Proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks and improve performance and develop innovative solutions to problems as they arise
- Investigate, explore, and master new technical topics; quickly learn new skills as necessary
Who You Are:
- You have a strong passion for everything digital audio, and have ample experience in streaming, processing, and rendering of multimedia signals, with in-depth understanding of audio coding, room acoustics, and psychoacoustics a strong plus
- A self-starter and a problem solver with a strong background in building complex real-time systems on MacOS or other Linux-based platforms
- Execution focused and are able to deliver projects on-time
- You are familiar with unit and functional testing methodologies
- Someone who enjoys working closely with other engineers, whether it’s bouncing ideas around or mentoring new hires
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and embrace diversity of thought and experience when thinking through your designs
What You’ll Need:
- Multiple years of experience building audio signal processing systems
- Strong experience in system design, architecture, development, and performance optimization, ideally on MacOS
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Strong emphasis on real time, highly available and fault tolerant system design and implementation
- Demonstrated ownership of large, mission-critical functionality
- Experience with linux-based systems, embedded as well as PC
Characteristics of Success at Spatial:
- Self-motivated and self-guided individual who enjoys taking ownership
- Practical thinking and hands-on development
- Enjoy being part of a fast moving team
- Ability to adjust plans and react as needed
- Excellent communication skills
$150k - $175k
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.