- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: www.spatialinc.com
- Company Address: , Emeryville, CA
About SpatialSpatial is redefining the human experience by creating virtual soundscapes where you work, where you play and where you stay. Spatial’s technology is flexible, powerful and scalable, breaking down traditional audio barriers
At Spatial, we’re building a complementary technology to traditional audio allowing creators to build deeply immersive audio environments. Think of it as the audio portion of the holodeck.
We’re developing the core computational audio software, creative tools and service that builds and deploys the Spatial simulations. Deployments can scale from single intelligent speakers & sensors to theme park scale environments.
Join us today, as we rebuild immersive audio for tomorrow.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile IP Based Network and Software Integration Engineer to further develop our capabilities to transport multiple audio channels across network connections to distributed end points in real-time.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and expand all network-related software components in our platform
- Be our resident expert in all things audio over ethernet/wifi
- Collaborate with engineering leads to facilitate real-time rendering of hundreds of audio channels through multiple endpoints with synchronized phase alignment
- Improve communication of our local service deployments with our backend in AWS
- Advise on best networking practices with our custom system installations
Who You Are:
- You are self-driven and a problem solver, with a strong background in building mid to large scale networked applications.
- You are execution focused and developed a reputation for repeatedly delivering projects on-time
- You have strong design and architecture skills
- You are familiar with unit and functional testing methodologies
- You have a history of collaboration and success in results-oriented, high-velocity teams
What You’ll Need:
- Strong software development skills in fault tolerant, real time systems
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ with several years of industry experience, web based technologies a plus
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software in a timely manner
- Deep familiarity with IP based network protocols, software stacks and layers
- Experience integrating third party communications software/protocols into products
- Experience with real-time networked systems, including synchronous and asynchronous data exchange
- Experience with audio-over-network layer 3 protocols like Dante, AES67, or Ravenna is a plus
Characteristics of Success at Spatial:
- Self-motivated and self-guided individual who enjoys taking ownership
- Practical thinking and hands-on development
- Enjoy being part of a fast moving team
- Ability to adjust plans and react as needed
- Excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.