- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Business Dev
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/23/2023
- Website: polygon.technology
- Company Address: #157, 2nd A Cross, Indiranagar Double Rd, Indiranagar, Bangalore, IN, 560071
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About PolygonPolygon is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building multiple types of applications.
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
This role is designed to be the business development and partnership lead for third parties building applications, services, and tools for use by Polygon’s ecosystem of developers as they create decentralized experiences for users. This could be data APIs, messaging, open marketplaces, payment service providers, publishing SDKs, rights management, whitelabel minting, whitelabel ticketing, and much more. This critical function will bridge all user-facing developer verticals such as art, defi, fashion, gaming, metaverse, music, social, sports, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate has at least 12 years of strategy and negotiation experience working with third parties in a business development and partnership capacity at entertainment, gaming, or social platforms.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a senior level role reporting to the VP & Global Head of Entertainment+ Business Development that has support from junior staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Quarterly and annual goal setting
- Managing and prioritizing a pipeline
- Negotiating terms
- Executing partnerships
- Aligning cross-functional internal resources to support the integration and onboarding of new partners to the Polygon Studios Ecosystem
There will be collaboration with Polygon Studios developer relations, partner success, marketing, and other business development teams, as well as parent company Polygon Technology’s product groups. You will work closely with members of your Platform BD team and the extended Polygon Studios Entertainment+ BD team to strategize and prioritize potential partnerships, deploy resources, and grow third-party adoption as identified by team and broader Polygon initiatives.
What you need to succeed
- Understand industry best practices and trends within technology and advise how application, service, and tool developers can join the web3 Polygon ecosystem and interact with other developers in that ecosystem to provide them with expertise and value
- Build industry connections to be able to win new projects
- Grow relationships with existing leaders in platform solutions and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for Web3 onboarding, integrations with popular engines, turnkey service providers etc
- An ability to build strong relationships to maintain healthy, long term partnerships as well as to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon
- The ability to conduct advanced negotiations with decision makers in large organizations and with founders
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation
- Existing relationships with third-party platforms and whitelabel providers strongly desired
- Knowledge about NFTs and Web3 is a plus
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon