- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: treehousegames.com
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, California , 90010
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $125,000
About Treehouse GamesTreehouse is a game studio dedicated to collaborative games that help players share memorable experiences and deepen their friendships.
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. Based in Los Angeles, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and the original DotA mod, and half comes from successful indie startups like Sirvo Studios and Industrial Toys.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among audiences all around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.
Treehouse Games is looking for amazing people who are excited to create games that are the best way for friends to spend time together.
We're searching for a highly talented and experienced Lead Environment Artist to establish the bar for environment art in our game. As Lead Environment Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director to define quality and construct 3D environments that deliver consistent, high-quality environmental assets and worlds. The ideal candidate is a well-organized leader with a strong, hands-on background and devotion to sharing and mentoring on a small team as well as the ability to create high-quality assets for the rest of the environment team to follow as benchmarks for the 3D art direction.
Our goal is to build a supportive team of strong communicators and area specialists that love to collaborate across discipline lines to create exciting experiences for friends to enjoy together. We are committed to remote working and already have team members across North America.
Who You Are
- Proficient at working in a fully remote team environment. We balance synchronous and asynchronous communication across multiple time zones to get things done.
- Proactive at identifying areas of concern and independently acting on it. We're a small team and the impact of each person is huge!
- Considerate with feedback in both directions. We work to always receive feedback gracefully, deliver feedback constructively, and have discussions and disagreements respectfully.
- Team-minded, a cross-discipline thinker that is mindful of the downstream impact of their work.
- Persistent at maintaining a healthy perspective about the larger game we’re building together. We do the extra work to value every team member's point of view and we’re looking for fresh perspectives, especially of those from diverse backgrounds.
- Excited to work on cooperative games with a focus on fun experiences with friends. We're making the game we want to play!
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
- Work closely with the Art Director to define and establish the art style and quality bar for 3D environments across the game.
- Provides direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
- Is proactive in finding answers and able to clearly communicate issues and direction to the team.
- Is capable of owning developing and delivering, content while leading by example.
- Has expertise with PBR, lighting, rendering, and material authoring.
- Reviews work for quality and carry out various supervisory responsibilities.
- Upholds a sense of professional ownership, keeps a positive attitude, and ensures tasks are completed to the established quality bars.
- Significant professional experience as a Lead or Senior Environment Artist in games.
- Significant experience with 3D visual development, PBR material pipelines, and lighting.
- Advanced understanding of industry-standard content creation tools, such as Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, Zbrush, and Unreal Engine.
- Has a passion for 3D environment art, set dressing, lighting, and texturing.
- Demonstrates excellent foundational skills, including composition, design, structure, silhouette, sculpting, and color theory.
- Has an excellent understanding of the environment art pipeline, dependencies, and overall scope of the project.
- Finds creative solutions for technically challenging tasks.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with detailed concept art or reference art materials.
- Portfolio showcasing a breadth of stylized art.
- Experience leading other artists.
- Other disciplines such as materials, shader development, character modeling, VFX, and procedural asset creation a huge plus
- Professional experience working in Unreal 5
Within the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $90,000 - $125,000 Annual. Actual salary will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to competitive salary, employees in this role will also earn equity. Stock options are a large part of our compensation philosophy of investing in Treehouse's future together and sharing in success.