- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: treehousegames.com
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, California , 90010
About Treehouse GamesTreehouse is a game studio dedicated to collaborative games that help players share memorable experiences and deepen their friendships.
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. Based in Los Angeles, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and the original DotA mod, and half comes from successful indie startups like Sirvo Studios and Industrial Toys.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among audiences all around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.
Treehouse Games is looking for amazing people who are excited to create games that are the best way for friends to spend time together.
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Game Engineer that is excited to drive tech and architecture decisions and develop whatever code it takes to deliver our first live-service game to players.
Our goal is to build a supportive team of strong communicators and area specialists that love to collaborate across discipline lines to create exciting experiences for friends to enjoy together. We are committed to remote working and already have team members across North America.
Who You Are
- Impact-Focused — You are versatile with responsibilities, letting product goals and the needs of the team define how you apply yourself.
- Proactive — You independently seek out and solve the right problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Holistic — You identify larger problem spaces amongst the noise of smaller issues.
- Informed — You remove assumptions and make justified choices by efficiently collaborating with all departments.
- Aligned — You resolve differences of opinion gracefully and unite around progressing forward.
- Proficient — You demonstrate high competency of your craft to others in a fully remote team environment.
- Excited — You are energized by our mission of making “Playing Together, Aways Better”.
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
- Leverage your Unreal Engine expertise to inform product goals and make bold, high-value technical decisions for the team.
- Develop and maintain core game systems that lead to an incredible experience for players.
- Build robust systems and tools that allow for efficient, scalable content creation for non-technical disciplines.
- Forecast technical health and introduce new technology to improve the efficiency of both the game and development team.
- Work closely with the production leadership to justify technical work in the context of shared team goals.
- Level-up feature development teams by actively amplifying visibility, due diligence, and alignment.
- Online availability during our core hours of 10am to 3pm PST
- 5+ years of experience working as a game engineer
- Professional experience with C++ or equivalent programming language
- Shipped at least one title using Unreal Engine
Within the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $110,000 - $150,000 Base Annual. Actual salary will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to competitive salary, employees in this role will also earn equity. Stock options are a large part of our compensation philosophy of investing in Treehouse's future together and sharing in success.