- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: www.arcadia.tv
- Company Address: 555 11th St NW, Washington, District of Columbia, 20004
- Salary Range: $70,000 - $110,000
About ArcadiaArcadia is a revolutionary sports platform where athletes replace avatars in stadium size video games. This is the convergence of sports and gaming unlike anything audiences have seen before.
Arcadia is creating a new category in gaming unlike anything gamers or audiences have experienced before: SuperSports. It's the world's first gaming platform that combines Esports with traditional athletics. Instead of avatars, Arcadia Athlete use their bodies as controllers inside competitive video games - in front of live interactive audiences.
Esports + Traditional Sports = Arcadia. Check out our official launch trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zx1ogda_GM
To accomplish this vision, we are looking for a Technical Artist with strong mastery over the technical aspects of the asset production workflow in Unreal Engine 4. Whether it be putting in place strategies and tools for efficient production, profiling the games to make sure the resources allocated to rendering stays under budget, or creating in-engine specific materials for optimal performances, the technical artist is always on the lookout to improve processes, game quality and game performance. The ideal candidate is eager to take on this challenge, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and is self motivated to adapt their skills to the various needs of the project.
- Liaising between programming and design teams
- Researching and developing technical tools for a project
- Setting up workflows of art production
- Supporting artists and engineers in the 3D art pipeline
- Assisting in asset performance and validation
- Solving complex technical issues during development
- Deciding on what software and tools are required for game production
- Developing and maintaining resources and pipelines along with programmers
- Porting finished art to the game engine and ensuring it runs to full visual resolution
- Working within the limits of the game engine, curating file sizes, polygon counts and loading speeds
- Preparing and designing character systems such as skeletons, cloths, effect emitters and ragdoll collision
- Optimizing environments and establishing physics barriers
- Researching and overseeing the implementation of rendering techniques
- Developing performance of frame rate and memory
- Resolving material errors and collision issues
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about games, virtual reality, and athletics with the following skills:
- Minimum 1 year experience as a technical artist in the video game industry.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Modeler, SFX Artist in game industry
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Career training in VFX
- Solid understanding of art and animation pipelines
- Familiarity with game systems and the game development process
- Scripting skills
- Ability to identify the best tools and software to maximize game delivery
- Rendering and post-effects experience
- Understanding of rigging and animation
- Experience in physics simulations
- Shader development experience
- High level artistic skills - proportion, color, composition
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Experience in digital art content creation - high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with differences between creative and technical teams
- Knowledge of high-end coding languages
- Experience with VR/AR gaming and development
Experience with Oculus Quest development
Please include a Portfolio/website with your application.
We look forward to reviewing your application to The Arcadia Games!
Arcadia is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers.
$70k – $110k