- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: thatgamecompany.com
- Company Address: , Santa Monica, CA
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Thatgamecompanythatgamecompany designs and develops artistically crafted, broadly accessible video games that push the boundaries of interactive entertainment. They strive to contribute meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire players and create timeless interactive entertainment that makes positive change to the human psyche worldwide.
At thatgamecompany, we strive to create beautiful and intuitive UI, which embraces and contributes to the emotional experiences of our games. Our company is known for having a distinct perspective on what games can be, and crafting unique experiences that players can’t find elsewhere as a result; our approach to UI is no different. Our mission is to take risks in our designs, to break new ground with solutions that players haven’t seen before, and are hand-tailored towards the unique goals of our games.
We are looking for a talented UI Technical Designer to join our UI team. This individual will collaborate with our UI Lead, along with art, design, and engineering teams to craft attractive, minimal interfaces. The ideal candidate will have exceptional UI art and design skills, with a passion for developing new interfaces from scratch, along with doing polish passes on pre-existing interfaces and wireframes. They should be confident contributing in all disciplines required to execute on a UI design– from creating wireframes, to designing highly polished mockups, to implementing the final product in code.
- Work closely with the UI Lead to develop intuitive, beautiful, innovative interfaces for our games
- Conceptualize new interfaces to solve design problems, and make new features possible
- Create wireframes, mockups, and animations to drive development
- Do polish passes on pre-existing interfaces and wireframes, to ensure the UI is up to our aesthetic and usability standards game-wide
- Create quick-and-dirty prototypes, perform UX tests to validate our hypotheses, and iterate based on the results
- Implement the final interface in C++ to be pixel-perfect
- Collaborate with team members across various disciplines, and be a general advocate for usability and UI consistency
- Professional UI Design experience
- Strong Graphic Design skills (excellent eye for typography, color usage, etc.)
- Ability to work in a clean, minimal aesthetic
- Experience working with Style Guides, and iterating based on art direction
- Proficiency in C#, C++, or C for quickly prototyping interfaces
- Experienced in industry-standard programs (ie. Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Be a self-starter, capable of wearing many hats, and ensuring projects meet their deadlines
- Understanding of, and ability to communicate, the user-centered design process
Nice to Haves:
- Illustration skills
- Experience developing multi-platform interfaces, with varying input methods (ie. touch vs. gamepad input)
- Experience with UI design/prototyping tools such as Figma
- Experience with motion design and animation (After Effects, etc.)
- Understanding of HTML Flexbox layout system
- Degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX, Fine Arts, or related field
We look forward to meeting you!