User Researcher (Player Insights Team) - Contract
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: thatgamecompany.com
- Company Address: , Santa Monica, CA
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Thatgamecompanythatgamecompany designs and develops artistically crafted, broadly accessible video games that push the boundaries of interactive entertainment. They strive to contribute meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire players and create timeless interactive entertainment that makes positive change to the human psyche worldwide.
thatgamecompany designs and develops artistically crafted, broadly accessible video games that push the boundaries of interactive entertainment. We respect our players and want to contribute meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire them.
We seek talent that values integrity and personal growth within an environment of intense collaboration and experimentation.
Our mission - create timeless entertainment that makes a positive change to the human psyche worldwide. If you’ve been wanting to have a positive impact on people's lives and the creative challenges associated with doing something different and unique, then come help us shine brighter together.
The Player Insights team at TGC helps build a player-centric culture by running qualitative and quantitative studies that connect our development team with the impact of their work.
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to help us better understand our players and bring User Experience and Market Research insights to our team that help them make better decisions and bring joy and happiness to millions more through gaming.
This person will help leaders and designers in the company understand: “Is our work having the intended effect on our players' experience?” and “How may we better serve our guests?”
- Work closely with leadership to understand franchise goals, then engage with project stakeholders early to understand the intended impact of their work
- Design research studies that collect the right feedback from the right audience, selecting the appropriate research methods and metrics to evaluate whether the player experience is in line with the intention of the project.
- Recruit participants and schedule studies.
- Execute research studies over multiple platforms (mobile, PC, console) in order to answer established design or business questions using a range of qualitative and quantitative methods such as play tests, heuristic evaluation, surveys, interviews, journals, or others to meet the needs of the project.
- Work with the data analysts on the Player Insights team to instrument, collect, and study data from player behavior to complement findings from User Research studies.
- Present actionable insights back to stakeholders in a clear and compelling way while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation
- Effectively communicate your discoveries with the wider organization so that they may better understand the experience of our players
- Improve the researcher process with our development team with each cycle
- Manage external research partners such as universities and market research firms to ensure our research goals are aligned•
- 5+ years experience in user research, market research, or management consulting industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in game development or a field focusing on human subject research (e.g., psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, communications, market research, anthropology, or similar).
- Excellent written English with experience writing effective survey questions
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent spoken communication skills with experience running (remote) focus groups
- Experience working with cross cultural teams and audiences
- Experience working with cross disciplinary teams
- Passion for games and a belief in thatgamecompany’s mission
We look forward to meeting you