- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: cropcircle.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, LA US
About Crop CircleCrop Circle games is an independent distributed game studio founded by a community of industry veterans who believe games have the potential not only to entertain, but also to widen perspectives and make the world a better place. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture.
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
At the heart of every captivating original IP is an expertly designed audio landscape, complete with aesthetically harmonic atmosphere and music. Crop Circle Games is looking for an Audio Director to join our team in bringing this singular and inspired audio landscape to life.
Reporting directly to our Creative Director, this position works closely with our Art, Design and Engineering teams to build out the music, sound effects and voice over that will immerse players and make up a core piece of our overall game design.
This is a position that will ultimately be responsible for making sure that our world and our game sounds great, the team is happy, healthy, productive, and that we are using the right tools for the job. You will build out a small, but high performing, organization. You will select and work with a team of talented contractors to manage audio design from prototype through production, and into final release.
If this is all music to your ears, we would love to hear from you.
What You will Do
- Collaborate with other disciplines to identify, design, build, and maintain innovative audio solutions.
- Establish a sustainable workflow and pipeline vision, helping to set the standards for music, sound effects and voiceover
- Hire, mentor, and manage a small team of audio specialists
- Champion audio accessibility features
- Proactively identify workflow bottlenecks and guide the research for solutions
- Work closely with production to define schedule commitments, priorities, communicate changes to set goals, and manage the audio budget.
- Help us build and reinforce our studio’s values by creating a safe space to do creative work for everyone on the team
- As project audio team lead, collaborate with cross-functional teams to designing game features.
- Service oriented with a focus on team member productivity and nurturing creativity
- Passionate about audio design with experience across a wide range of disciplines
- Comfortable and capable of acting as an intermediary between audio, art, design and engineering
- Highly proficient working with DAW tools
- Willing to jump in and solve new problems
- Comfortable communicating complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly empathetic to your team, other groups at the studio and our players
- Excited about working in a remote studio model as a crucial early employee
- Contacts with game and movie industry composers, sound designers, and audio production facilities
- Previous experience as a producer or composer on a complex project.
- Experience coordinating internal and external audio teams
- Firm technical understanding of modern audio equipment, software, and standards, e.g. Dolby Atmos
- Experience with Unreal
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, lengthy periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.