- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: cropcircle.co
- Company Address: , New Orleans, LA US
About Crop CircleCrop Circle games is an independent distributed game studio founded by a community of industry veterans who believe games have the potential not only to entertain, but also to widen perspectives and make the world a better place. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture.
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
As Senior Technical Artist, you will partner with content creators across all disciplines to define and implement reliable tools, workflows, and 3D pipelines for an unannounced new IP. You approach your role with empathy and creativity, collaboratively empowering a team of distributed content creators to work efficiently with minimal technical resistance. An appetite for problem solving and discovery through iteration is a must. As a fully remote studio, you must be self-driven, organized, and able to work both autonomously and asynchronously. You will be an early member of an up-and-coming studio, starting at the prototyping phase and helping to establish a new IP in the 3rd person action space.
- Collaborate with cross discipline departments to create and implement reliable tools, workflows, and pipelines in support of a distributed team of content creators.
- Help to establish sustainable workflows and pipelines, participate in setting the standards for next-gen lighting, VFX, rigging & animation tools with long term stability in mind.
- Proactively identify artists' workflow bottlenecks, research, and implement efficiency improvements with an eye for future needs and flexibility.
- Collaborate with production to define schedule commitments, priorities, and communicate changes to set goals.
- Build tools and scripts for the art pipeline with an eye for optimization and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to ensure consistent technology, standards, and methodologies.
- Advance art quality through the pursuit and development of improved content creation methods, tools, guidelines, and communication.
- 5+ years game development experience in a technical art role creating tools and workflows for art production, character rigging, asset pipelines, asset optimization, visual scripting, and shader development.
- Empathetic with a supportive mindset driven by team member productivity and developing efficient and intuitive pipelines.
- Expertise in one or more technical skills including: Unreal Engine blueprints, VFX, animation, character rigging, tools scripting, or shader development.
- Highly proficient communication skills with the capacity to act as an intermediary between art, design, and engineering.
- Driven to take initiative with a willingness to jump in and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Extensive knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Blender is a bonus)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming in C++. (Python and C# are bonuses).
- Comfortable communicating complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about gameplay and a love for building technical and artistic solutions that serve the pillars of fun, discovery, and narrative.
- Shipped multiple game titles as a technical artist.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Blender, Houdini and Substance Designer.
- Experience working with external vendors and technology partners
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, lengthy periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.