- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: thatgamecompany.com
- Company Address: , Santa Monica, CA
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Thatgamecompanythatgamecompany designs and develops artistically crafted, broadly accessible video games that push the boundaries of interactive entertainment. They strive to contribute meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire players and create timeless interactive entertainment that makes positive change to the human psyche worldwide.
thatgamecompany designs and develops artistically crafted, broadly accessible video games that push the boundaries of interactive entertainment. We respect our players and want to contribute meaningful, enriching experiences that touch and inspire them.
We seek talent that values integrity and personal growth within an environment of intense collaboration and experimentation.
Our mission - create timeless entertainment that makes a positive change to the human psyche worldwide. If you’ve been wanting to have a positive impact on people's lives and the creative challenges associated with doing something different and unique, then come help us shine brighter together.
We’re looking for an exceptional engineer to join our team to innovate new solutions for the studio and help enrich the user experience for millions of active players worldwide.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our ITS team. You will be developing applications related to game logistics which could include player safety, support tooling, hack detection/prevention, and backend performance.
- Identify issues and create solutions independently, understanding how to complete a task from start to finish
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to design and document features with scalability in mind
- Build backend API and frontend components and pages with strong knowledge of Node JS, Next JS, and SQL.
- Meet with individual team members and the full ITS team weekly to discuss progress and ideas
- Interact with different departments of the company to discover and address problems and needs
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience building modern REST APIs in Node.js
- Experience with writing Typescript packages
- Experience designing data structures and querying relational and non-relational database technologies such as Postgresql, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with Git version control system
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience with AWS Services (S3, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, IAM)
Nice to haves:
- Python, Go
- Google Cloud Project, Datadog, Prometheus, Serverless,
- CI/CD, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Terraform
Last but not the least, loves our games and believes in our mission and vision!
We look forward to meeting you.