- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: treehousegames.com
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, California , 90010
- Salary Range: $85,000 - $112,000
About Treehouse GamesTreehouse is a game studio dedicated to collaborative games that help players share memorable experiences and deepen their friendships.
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. Based in Los Angeles, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and the original DotA mod, and half comes from successful indie startups like Sirvo Studios and Industrial Toys.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among audiences all around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.
Treehouse Games is looking for amazing people who are excited to create games that are the best way for friends to spend time together.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Artist to bridge the gap between art and engineering, own our asset production pipelines, and leverage their artistic and technical skills to help make our creative vision a reality. Our goal is to build a supportive team of strong communicators and area specialists that love to collaborate across discipline lines to create exciting experiences for friends to enjoy together.
Our goal is to build a supportive team of strong communicators and area specialists that love to collaborate across discipline lines to create exciting experiences for friends to enjoy together. We are committed to remote working and already have team members across North America.
Who You Are
- Proficient at working in a fully remote team environment. We balance synchronous and asynchronous communication across multiple time zones to get things done.
- Proactive at identifying areas of concern and independently acting on it. We're a small team and the impact of each person is huge!
- Considerate with feedback in both directions. We work to always receive feedback gracefully, deliver feedback constructively, and have discussions and disagreements respectfully.
- Persistent at maintaining a healthy perspective about the larger game we’re building together. We do the extra work to value every team member's point of view and we’re looking for fresh perspectives, especially from those from diverse backgrounds.
- Excited to work on cooperative games with a focus on fun experiences with friends. We're making the game we want to play!
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
- Lead the team in identifying new ways to incorporate technology with art in order to increase efficiency and unlock new creative opportunities.
- Own the technical budget of the assets in our game and ensure that we maintain stability and performance on our target platforms.
- Design, implement and maintain our asset production pipelines in the Unreal Engine.
- Enhance R&D efforts by working with team members to develop new content types including but not limited to (Lighting, Shaders, VFX, and Animation).
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and our fully cross-functional team. Bring ideas and provide feedback to improve both the holistic game and our team’s development process.
- Develop and grow the teams technical art capabilities for our first project and beyond.
- Online availability during our core hours of 11 am to 4 pm PST.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Significant professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in industry-standard content creation tools, such as Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, and Unreal Engine.
- Strong scripting skills (C#, Blueprint, Python, LUA, or equivalent)
Nice to Have
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprints.
- Strong knowledge of physically based shading and lighting
Within the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $85,000 - $112,000 Annual. Actual salary will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to competitive salary, employees in this role will also earn equity. Stock options are a large part of our compensation philosophy of investing in Treehouse's future together and sharing in success.